dtac announces successful collaboration with Deezer,as it launches dtac Deezer 4Artists in Thailand to help bring artists the worldwide audiences they deserve
· The number of dtac Deezer subscribers has reached over 300,000 and will move forward to 1 million by the end of 2013
· Launch of dtac Deezer4Artists (D4A) aims to lift all barriers between Thai artists and their music fans worldwide
Bangkok, 21st May 2013 – dtac, Thailand’s leading mobile network operator, in partnership with, leading music subscription service Deezer, today celebrates as it reaches a major new milestone of 300,000 subscribers in Thailand, and is looking to achieve 1 million subscribers by the end of 2013. At the same time, dtac Deezer today unveils its latest feature: dtac Deezer4Artists (D4A), a unique new platform that will redefine the relationship between artists and music fans worldwide.
Today’s announcement is the next step in Deezer’s quest to liberate music and rebuild its value, restoring the magical connection between artist and fans.
Pakorn Pannachet, Senior Vice President, Total Access Communication PLC (dtac), said: “Today dtac Deezer has become the most popular music application in Thailand with over 300,000 subscribers, over 500,000 played songs, and dtac Deezer usage of more than 8 million times. Our next step is to declare our readiness in delivering the whole new experience for our dtac prepaid clients to enjoy dtac Deezer’s 20 million songs at the best price. dtac Deezer’s content development will help support dtac’s new vision, “TriNet 3 Smart Networks in One”, with the widest bandwidth in Thailand, showing strong focus on internet business with our network ready to serve new customer demands, the availability of devices coming in a wide range and affordable for all, the world’s best technology in our network, and our readiness for content services to bring our clients experience with over 20 million tracks from all over the world – anywhere and anytime by using dtac TriNet.”
Nadda Buranasiri, Managing Director at Warner Music Thailand, added: “Warner Music and our alliance see that this is a business opportunity for all involved here in the music industry. Music fans can directly support their favorite artists by using Deezer to listen to music and sharing them with their family members, friends and acquaintance. If Deezer continues to grow as it has, it will definitely become a major force in the Thai music industry very soon.”
Wanlop Lertmongkol, Senior Digital Marketing Manager, RS Public Company, said: “In the old days, we had very little information regarding music trends analysis. It was largely general information. What we could do then was to gauge music trends or artists popularity from various sources like radio programs. Obviously, these were not totally accurate. But Deezer4Artists enables us to see the movement, the real demand in all dimensions. For example, we can figure who the listeners are and where they are. With Deezer4Artists, we can analyze and set effective marketing strategies and reach out to each one of the artists’ fan bases.”
Axel Dauchez, Deezer’s CEO, said: “For the first time, all barriers to music discovery and reach have been completely lifted. This is a very significant moment for both music lovers and for artists. We will allow fans all around the world to enter the musician’s creative universe, discovering new and exciting content, ultimately enhancing their enjoyment of music. At the same time, through fantastic tools, we are supporting the artists’ need to engage with their fans and reach a deeper understanding of what makes them fall in love with a track. In today’s environment, such a tool could help make or break an artist.”
D4A: a holistic program to reinvent the artist – fan connection
D4A is comprised of four core features which will give musicians and their labels the tools to truly understand their fans and the ability to run their own creative space on Deezer, whilst allowing fans to find and follow artists and enjoy exclusive content.
· Deezer analytics: Artists and their labels will be granted real time access to streaming data – allowing the journey of their music to be followed worldwide. It will also provide valuable audience information, giving artists and labels rich demographic insights so they can understand exactly who is listening and see the streams that are trending. Furthermore, a cut down version will be available to all Deezer users, enabling people across the world to see which artists are popular, like a musical version of Twitter’s trending topics, enabling them to find new artists to follow.
· Deezer certified accounts manager: Artists, labels, and digital distributors will be given certified accounts, visible on Deezer. All their fans can follow and interact with them as well as their playlists, news, concerts and listening habits.
· Deezer pages: A tool designed to enable the customization of artist pages on Deezer. Artist with access to a Deezer certified account can upload different formats of photos, update a status and take control of their Deezer space. They can also link these to their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
· Deezer uploader: Artists will be able to directly upload audio exclusive content of many different types.Deezer will offer a unique space to host artists’ audio Q&As, interviews, album commentaries and samples, bringing them closer to fans and enabling them to share ever richer types of content with them.
Dauchez added: “The long term value of music relies on rebuilding the quality of the relationship between the artists and their fans. We are thrilled to be using technological innovation to forge a deeper link between the two.”