In addition to enjoying the best views across Bangkok, the guests at lebua’s four altitude-defying restaurants and bars – Sirocco, Mezzaluna, Breeze and Distil – were treated to fine cuisine and a champagne reception with the CEO of lebua Hotels & Resorts, Deepak Ohri.
Each of the restaurants and bars at Tower Club at lebua offered an exclusive one-night-only New Year’s Eve menu at Sirocco, lebua’s Mediterranean fine dining venue 63 stories in the air; Breeze, the new face of Asian dining; Mezzaluna, lebua’s signature fine dining restaurant; Distil, an alternative venue for tantalizing flavor combinations.
As midnight approached, lebua Hotels & Resorts CEO Deepak Ohri said: “Following the international attention received by the Bangkok Ball Drop last year, we are delighted to host the event at lebua for a second consecutive year. It is set to be an annual event, and the city’s reputation as a New Year’s destination will continue to grow.”
With its incomparable vantage points from which to witness the record-breaking Bangkok Ball Drop, Tower Club at lebua was the ultimate destination to ring in 2015.
Bangkok Ball Drop at lebua Facts & Figures
• Descended from a 15-meter (49-foot) steel pole, situated 266 meters (872 feet) above the ground during the countdown
• 2.1 meters (7 feet) in diameter and constructed of 20 hexagonal and 12 pentagonal steel pieces covered with translucent fabric
• Contains 2,950 LED lights and 50 strobes
• Visible for a minimum of 1.8 kilometers (1.1 miles)
• Weighs 1.2 tons
• Constructed by 50 Thai engineers and craftsmen over a period of 40 days