>
 
website hit counterStats
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Click for Bangkok, Thailand Forecast  
 
Untitled Document
| | |

Main  >> Travel  >> Phra Mongkol Ming Muang
Untitled Document

Phra Mongkol Ming Muang

Address:จ.อำนาจเจริญ
 
A concrete Buddha image decorated with golden mosaic tiles was built in 1965 with a measurement of 11 metres in width and 20 metres in height. The image is located on the hill in Wat Dan Phra Bat, Amnart Charoen where it is believed to be a sanctuary for more than 2,000 years. Two ancient Tavaravati-style Buddha images made of red- sandstone discovered in this area were installed behind Phra Mongkol Ming Muang both named after their physical appearance " Phra Kee Lai or Phra La Hai" meaning not beautiful.

Phra Mongkol Ming Muang is originated from a cooperation of local people to build Buddha image to be installed on Dan Phra Bat hill. With a limitation on budget, material, and labor, the construction was not successful. General Prapas Charusathian, afterward, called for the construction of a bigger image to cover the existing one and to house relics of the Lord of Buddha as well as some tiny Buddha images.

Jit Buabuus, a national artist and specialist in Buddha image, was responsible for designing Phra Mongkol Ming Muang. He included pala-style Indian arts, which had influence in this region for more than 800 years ago, into the creation. Traditionally, creating Buddha image reflects culture and way of life of people in that region; therefore, Jit produced the Buddha image that its face was similar to that of Isan people.

พระพุทธรูปคอนกรีตเสริมเหล็กประดับกระเบื้องโมเสกสีทองทั้งองค์ ขนาดหน้าตักกว้าง 11 เมตร สูงจากพื้นดินถึงยอดพระรัศมี 20 เมตร สร้างขึ้นเมื่อปี พ.ศ.2508 ด้วยความร่วมมือร่วมใจของประชาชนและส่วนราชการของ จ.อุบลราชธานี ซึ่งในขณะนั้น อำนาจเจริญยังเป็นเพียงอำเภอหนึ่งในจังหวัดนี้ ก่อนจะยกฐานะขึ้นเป็นจังหวัดในภายหลัง

พระมงคลมิ่งเมืองประดิษฐานอยู่บนเขาดานพระบาท ซึ่งมีหลักฐานว่าเป็นพื้นที่ถูกใช้เป็นศาสนสถานมานานกว่า 2,000 ปี เพราะมีการขุดพบพระพุทธรูปหินทรายสีแดงสององค์ ศิลปะทวาราวดี ซึ่งปัจจุบันประดิษฐานอยู่ด้านหลังพระมงคลมิ่งเมืองนั่นเอง ชาวบ้านเรียกพระทั้งสององค์นี้ว่า “พระขี้ล่าย” หรือ “พระละฮาย” ซึ่งแปลว่าไม่สวย ไม่งาม ตามรูปลักษณ์ขององค์พระ
แต่เดิมชาวบ้านพยายามสร้างพระพุทธรูปขึ้นบนเขาดานพระบาทด้วยหินในพื้นที่และกำลังที่มี แต่การก่อสร้างไม่สำเร็จเพราะต้องใช้เงินจำนวนมาก ต่อมาพลเอกประภาส จารุเสถียร จึงสนับสนุนให้สร้างองคืพระขนาดใหญ่กว่าเดิมหุ้มองค์พระที่ประชาชนสร้างไว้แต่แรก แล้วบรรจุพระบรมสารีริกธาตุและพระเครื่องไว้ภายใน

นายจิตร บัวบุศย์ ผู้เชี่ยวชาญการสร้างพระพุทธเจ้าได้ออกแบบพระมงคลมิ่งเมืองให้มมีศิลปะอินเดียแบบปาละผสมอยู่ ซึ่งเป็นศิลปะสกุลนี้ได้แผ่อิทธิพลมายังดินแดนอีสานเมื่อประมาณ 800-900 ปีที่แล้ว และกลายเป็นต้นเค้าของพระพุทธรูปศิลปะลาวหรือล้านช้างในเวลาต่อมา

ตามธรรมเนียมนั้น การสร้างพระพุทธรูปในช่วงเวลา และพ้นที่ต่างๆกัน ย่อมสะท้อนความเป็นอยู่และลักษณะของคนยุคนั้นเข้าไปด้วย นายจิตร บัวบุศย์จึงออกแบบให้พระพักตร์ของพระมงคลมิ่งเมืองมีความละม้ายคนอีสาน สมกับที่เป็นพระพุทธรูปประจำภาคอีสานอย่างแท้จริง
Untitled Document
Updated :07 ????????????????????? 2550
Page View : 40887
 
 
 
 
 
Related Articles

Phanom Rung Historical Park
....

Sdokkokthom
....

Gate of Truimph ,Laos
Nearby Phra That Luang Vientiane, situated the Gate of Truimph built in 1962 or ...

Phra That Luang Vientiane, Laos
Throughout the history close relationships between Thais and Laotians, as it is ...

Nam Noeng Sausages
Nam Noeng Sausages: Northeastern food (I-San food) influenced by Vietnam Duri...

Phu Phra Bat Historical Park, Udon Thani
There are ten archaeological sites in Thailand that have been announced “Histori...
 
 

Back to Top

Copywright 2004 - 2009 www.At-bangkok.com All Rights Reserved
30 Sukumwit 85 Bangjak Prakanong Bangkok Thailand 10260 Tel. 662-331-1610, 662-331-1618 Fax. 662-331-1618
  email : pr@at-bangkok.com