>
 
website hit counterStats
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Click for Bangkok, Thailand Forecast  
 
Untitled Document
| | |

Main  >> Places  >> Chang-Ton Museum
Untitled Document

Chang-Ton Museum

Address:Parliament House compound Uthong Nai Road Dusit Sub-District Dusit District Bangkok 10300
Phone::(662) 282-3336
Fax ::(662) 282-3336
 
Many people know Vimanmaek mansion and Aphisekdusit mansion. Some have visited there once or twice at least. On the other hand, only few people know the buildings located at the exit of the Aphisekdusit mansion. Those buildings are The Royal Elephant National Museum. Previously, these two buildings were the royal elephant stables. Now it is the national museum which illustrates the traditions related to white elephants. It is regarded as the only remaining evidence of Thai cultural heritage relating with the white elephants. The first building was built in 1906 by King Rama V. Walking into the building, you’ll see three notable tusks at the center. Inside here illustrate the origins of auspicious elephants and methods of capture. Ancient objects are on display such as Pra Phikanate statue, elephant molar, tiger fang, equipment for elephant capturing, etc. The second one was built by King Rama VII in 1927. Opening the door, the huge white elephant’s model behind the altar will catch your eyes even though it’s a scale down version. There are pictures of the white elephants’ royal ceremonies on the wall. Moreover, the history of the museum is also on display. There are two entrances for this museum. First is the door next to the congress. Another is walking from Vimanmaek mansion through Apisekdusit mansion. This museum is located at the exit of Apisekdusit mansion. It opens daily, 9.00 – 16.00. Admission fee is 5 baht. For more information please contact 0 2282 3336 Although this is the only of white elephants museum in Thailand it is disregarded because it is hard to reach and the exhibition display is very ordinary.
หลายคนคงรู้จักพระที่นั่งวิมานเมฆและพระที่นั่งอภิเษกดุสิต บางคนคงเคยไปเยี่ยมชมอย่างน้อยครั้งหรือสองครั้ง แต่จะมีสักกี่คนที่รู้ว่าอาคารชั้นเดียวหลังคาหน้าจั่วสองอาคารที่ตั้งอยู่อย่างเงียบสงบตรงทางออกของพระที่นั่งอภิเษกดุสิตนั้นคืออาคารอะไร แท้จริงแล้วอาคารที่ว่านั้นคือ พิพิธภัณฑสถานแห่งชาติช้างต้น ซึ่ง แต่เดิมนั้นอาคารสองหลังนี้เป็นโรงช้างเผือกซึ่งถือกันว่าเป็นช้างของพระมหากษัตริย์ ปัจจุบันอาคารสองหลังนี้ได้กลายเป็นพิพิธภัณฑ์ที่จัดแสดงเกี่ยวกับเรื่องราวของช้างเผือก ที่นี่ถือว่าเป็นหลักฐานทางมรดกวัฒนธรรมที่มีความสัมพันธ์กับธรรมเนียมเกี่ยวกับช้างเผือกที่เหลืออยู่เพียงแห่งเดียวในประเทศไทย โดยแบ่งการจัดแสดงออกเป็น 2 อาคาร อาคารหลังแรกสร้างขึ้นในปี 2449 ในสมัยรัชกาลที่ 5 เมื่อก้าวเข้าไปในอาคารหลังแรกคุณจะพบกับงาช้างคู่ใหญ่ 3 คู่ ตั้งเด่นต้อนรับคุณอยู่ตรงกลางอาคาร ภายในอาคารนี้จัดแสดงเกี่ยวกับกำเนิดช้างมงคล วิธีการจับช้าง โดยได้นำโบราณวัตถุที่เกี่ยวข้องมาจัดแสดงเช่น รูปปั้นพระพิฆเนศวร กรามช้าง เขี้ยวเสือ อุปกรณ์ที่ใช้จับช้าง เป็นต้น อาคารหลังที่สองสร้างขึ้นในปี 2470 ในสมัยรัชกาลที่ 7 เมื่อก้าวเข้าสู่ตัวอาคารคุณจะสะดุดตากับรูปปั้นช้างเผือกจำลองขนาดเล็กกว่าของจริงและมีความเหมือนจริง โดยมีโต๊ะวางเครื่องบูชาอยู่ตรงด้านหน้า รอบกำแพงจะจัดแสดงภาพพิธีสมโภชขึ้นระวางช้างต้น นอกจากนั้นยังจัดแสดงเกี่ยวกับประวัติความเป็นมาของพิพิธภัณฑสถานแห่งนี้อีกด้วย พิพิธภัณฑ์แห่งนี้สามารถเข้าได้สองทางด้วยกัน ทางแรกเข้าทางประตูข้างรัฐสภา ทางที่สองสามารถเข้าทางพระที่นั่งวิมานเมฆแล้วเดินมาทางพระที่นั่งอภิเษกดุสิต พิพิธภัณฑ์จะตั้งอยู่ก่อนถึงประตูทางออก ผู้ที่สนใจสามารถเข้าชมได้ทุกวันตั้งแต่เวลา 9.00 – 16.00 น. โดยคิดค่าเข้าชมคนละ 5 บาท หรือติดต่อที่เบอร์ 0 2282 3336 แม้ว่าพิพิธภัณฑ์แห่งนี้จะเป็นหลักฐานทางมรดกวัฒนธรรมที่มีความสัมพันธ์กับธรรมเนียมเกี่ยวกับช้างที่เหลืออยู่เพียงแห่งเดียวในประเทศไทยก็ตาม แต่ก็ถูกหลายคนมองข้ามไปอาจจะเนื่องจากอาคารไม่มีความโดดเด่นเท่ากับหมู่พระที่นั่งที่อยู่รอบ ๆ และทางเข้าออกนั้นไม่สะดวกจนทำให้หลายคนไม่ทราบว่าที่นี้คืออะไรและมีความสำคัญมากเพียงไหน
Untitled Document
Updated :22 ?????????????????????????? 2549
Page View : 39394
 
 
 
 
 
Related Articles

Muang Boran on A Segway
It's been a while since we've been to the Ancient City. When we heard there is a...

Kaosan Road
The word Kaosan in Thai means rice, this use to be a place where rice are sold (...

Golden Mount
Wat Saket's(sometime spelled "Wat Srakes") major feature is The Golden Mountain....

Wat Arun
Wat Arun or Temple of the Dawn is name after the Indian god of the dawn-Aruna. (...

Snamluang Park
.Sanamluang Park is on of the largest open space park where many activities and ...

Wat Pra Chetupon
( wat po )

This large and extensive temple neighbours the Grand Palace on Thay Wang Road an...
 
 

Back to Top

Copywright 2004 - 2009 www.At-bangkok.com All Rights Reserved
30 Sukumwit 85 Bangjak Prakanong Bangkok Thailand 10260 Tel. 662-331-1610, 662-331-1618 Fax. 662-331-1618
  email : pr@at-bangkok.com